Friday, March 30, 2018

Kansas & Kentucky / 7 & 8

I went and looked at past NCAA Basketball Champions and had some interesting finds.

All but one time when the year of the season ended in 7-8
Kansas or Kentucky won the championship

1947-48----Kentucky won (10th Tournament)
1957-58---Kentucky won (20th Tournament))
1967-68---UCLA won (30th Tournament)
*Only year not won UK or KU
1977-78---Kentucky won (40th Tournament)
1987-88---Kansas Won (50th Tournament)
1997-98---Kentucky Won (60th Tournament)
2007-08---Kansas Won (70th Tournament)

Both KU & UK wear blue/white.

If Kansas does win their record would be 33-7
337=68th prime #

Looking at this quick, I'm not finding any other connections but I am sure there are some...

I'll update if I find any more

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff Brendan and this is interesting indeed.

    I still like Michigan vs Nova but you could be right with Ku. It’s in San Antonio and recently KU won it there last time so..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seems like it was a Catholic thing. LOVE Brendan's 7/8 KU/UK find, can't believe it didn't hit again this time... fifty years from the previous non-KU/UK ... UCLA... "UCLA" = 37 and "Wildcats" = 37. I don't know.

      just posted a big decode on the YouTube shooting over on my blog. I first heard that the city was San Francisco (nearby) and I thought of the 49ers for next season... anyway. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Asif, I haven't done much deoding in the tournament, but I think the final will be Michigan vs Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hope you're still out there my man, been checking when I get on the pc, haven't done so much lately, but did just post an nba pick. celtics thunder... HA? well anyway... okay man, cheers!

      Delete